Fundraise for us
There are so many ways you can fundraise for us, whether taking part in a sporting challenge, holding a cake sale or hosting a virtual quiz night.
One of supporters, Tom Clements, raised £1,115 for STEF by abseiling down the side of the iconic Spinnaker tower in Plymouth on 18th September. We don’t expect all our supporters to undertake this kind of activity, but there are many other fun ways to raise money for us.
Another supporter, Guy Hashimoto, raised £149 for us on his Facebook birthday fundraiser page. It’s easy to set up – so think of us when you have your next birthday!
Whatever your activity here are some top tips:
- Create an online fundraising page easily at JUST GIVING
- Don’t forget to share photos, milestones and updates
- Use social media to share your event and link a giving page
- Tag us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram
- Contact us on email@example.com to let us know about your plans and to ask for advice
- Ask your employer about Matched Giving
Gift Aid – Gift Aid is an easy way to maximise your fundraising by claiming an extra 25p per £1 given from HMRC and can be collected automatically through JustGiving. However, there are some strict rules – Gift Aid cannot be claimed on ticket sales, raffle tickets, winning auctions bids or anything other than an individual donation. Also, it cannot be claimed on behalf of a group or as part of a collection. If you are planning a fundraising event and are unsure if you should include Gift Aid, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can advise.